If you love Asian-style pork, this pork belly recipe will do you a lot of good.
- 20 oz of lean pork belly
- 5 cups of water
- 4 slices of ginger
- 1 green onion
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of light and dark soy sauce each
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine
- Pour 4 cups of water into a pot to boil, and while it’s heating up, cut the pork into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut the green onion into 3 pieces and add it to the boiling water, along with the pork, ginger, and garlic.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes and then take the pork out of the water, drain it, and pat it dry. Compost or throw away the vegetables and water.
- Dry the pot and put the heat on to high. Add in the oil and put the pork back in to brown.
- Then, reduce the heat to low and immediatly add in the brown sugar. Stir to melt the sugar so it coats the pork.
- Add in both sauces and the rice wine, stir constantly for 5-10 minutes until the liquid has turned into a thick glaze. Add the last cup of water, stir well, cover it and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir the pork a few times and if the liquid is evaporating quickly, add in a bit more water.
- Cook until the sauce is super thick and reduce, and enjoy with rice or noodles!