Labneh and beets come together so beautifully in this healthy and colorful recipe, so give it a try!
- 1 pound of beets of any color or mixed colors
- 1 cup of labneh, no other yogurts will do unless you plan to make it at home
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped dill
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of zaatar or dukkah
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of good finishing salt
- First, preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Wash your beets very well but you don’t have to peel them! That will just stain your hands and the skins will come off after they’ve been roasted easily.
- If you have very small or baby beets, you can roast them whole, but if your beets are large, consider slicing them or at least cutting them into quarters.
- Put the beets into a roasting pan with 2 tablespoons of water, cover with tin foil, and bake until fork-tender, about 40 minutes.
- Cool the beets and then slide the skin off with the help of a paper towel.
- While the beets cool, spread some labneh on a plate and sprinkle over the zaatar or dukkah and drizzle over a little bit of olive oil.
- Put the beets on top of the labneh, season with salt and finish with the fresh herbs.