Chickpeas are an amazing legume for many reasons. They are full of protein, really low in fat, and are super filling. You can eat them in many different applications, but roasting them turns them into something really special. There is nothing like crunchy chickpeas to munch on at the office, thrown into a salad instead of croutons, or to top your favorite soup! This recipe is super easy but incredibly flavorful, so let’s get started.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas. After it’s been drained and rinsed, make sure to dry them well. If they aren’t dried well, they won’t crisp up as nicely in the oven.
- Pour the chickpeas into a bowl along with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cover the chickpeas with chili powder, garlic powder, a little cayenne pepper or red chili flakes, cumin, coriander, a pinch of salt, and a little oregano. You can also change the amounts of spices to suit your palette.
- Lay the chickpeas out on a parchment covered baking sheet and make sure they are evenly spaced so they have enough room to cook.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes until they are really crispy, but check on them to make sure they don’t burn.