This roasted chicken is simple yet elegant, and absolutely scrumptious.
- 4 large skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/2 minced shallot
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 cup of dry wine
- 1/2 cup of broth
- Start by taking the chicken out of the fridge and bring it to room temperature, about 15 minutes. This will make it easier for the skin to crisp.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Put the oil into an oven-friendly skillet, and then put the chicken in skin side down.
- Turn the heat onto medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, slice the lemon into thin rounds.
- After 10 minutes, put half the lemon pieces onto the bottom of the skillet and the other half on top of the chicken and immediately transfer the pan to a 425 F oven.
- Cook for another 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads close to 165 F.
- Take the chicken and lemons out of the pan and put the skillet back onto medium heat.
- Put in the shallots and thyme and cook for about 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat, add in the wine, and cook back on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth, cook for 2-3 minutes, and then put the chicken back in and serve.