Who doesn’t love cookies? But, when you’re gluten-free or when you have a gluten-free friend eating cookies isn’t usually an option. These cookies are part meringue, part cookie, and all chocolaty goodness. Keep on reading for the recipe below.
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- sea salt to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, cocoa, and salt. Put in the egg whites and vanilla and whisk until the batter is thick and smooth. Keep mixing until it comes together.
- In another small bowl, whisk the tahini until it’s smooth.
- Spoon the batter into 12 even tablespoons about 2 inches apart, with 6 on each sheet.
- Drizzle the cookies with 1/4 teaspoon tahini. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake the cookies until they are cracked and glossy and the tahini starts to bubble, for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before moving them to cooling racks.