If you haven’t tried Shopska salad by now then you’ve probably heard about it before. It is also known under the name Bulgarian salad, referring to its origins from the Southern European country of Bulgaria. Shopska salad is a perfect summer dish. Fresh seasonal veggies like tomatoes and cucumber are combined with cheese to provide a refreshing, quick, and filling meal on a hot day.
Such an amazing salad sure has to be challenging to make, right? Well, not quite. As a matter of fact, you just need to get the correct ingredients, slice them and dice them, and you are almost done. Check out the details below.
- 5 tomatoes
- 4 bell peppers
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil (you can use olive oil as a substitute)
- 1 tablespoons vinegar
- salt, pepper
1. Dice the vegetables. Leave ¼ of feta cheese aside and slice the rest into cubes as well.
2. Put the veggies and cheese in a large bowl.
3. Add the sunflower oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
4. Crumble or grate the remaining feta on top.
5. Dig in.