You probably wouldn’t expect fruit with salad to be as amazing as it is, but strawberries perfectly balance out the bitterness of spinach. This salad will remind you of summer and it’s an exciting change to a boring old salad.
For the Salad:
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 5 oz crumbled feta cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Pecans:
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup broken or roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Start by making the dressing. Get a saucepan and pour in the vinegar.
- When it starts boiling wait for about 3 minutes until it’s reduced to one half.
- Transfer it to a bowl and combine it with the dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, then add pepper and salt. If it’s too thick feel free to add water.
- Prepare the pecans by cooking them in a skillet together with the butter and brown sugar.
- Use medium heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure that you mix constantly to avoid that they stick to the pan.
- Get a large salad bowl and mix the strawberries, pecans, spinach, one half of the feta, and the red onion.
- Top the spinach strawberry salad off with 1/3 of the dressing then add the rest of the feta cheese. You can add the rest of the dressing as you wish.