Take your PB&J to the next level with this homemade grape jelly recipe!
- 5 pounds of red grapes
- 4 cups of sugar
- Water to cover
- 1+1/4 of a box of no-sugar needed pectin
- Wash the grapes and put some of them into a large bowl so they make one layer. Use a potato masher to mash the grapes and then put them into a large pot that’s either ceramic, stainless steel, or metal with an enamel coating. Repeat for the remaining grapes.
- Pour water into the pot until the grapes are only slightly covered, and then turn the heat on medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Stir often and once it’s boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Line a strainer with a cheesecloth, put it over a bowl, and pour the mixture into it. Let it strain overnight or at least for 30-60 minutes.
- Add the pectin to 1/2 cup of sugar and mix.
- Pour the strained mixture back into the stockpot, add the pectin mixture, heat over medium-high until it just starts to boil.
- Then, put the rest of the sugar in, bring it a boil, and let it boil for 1 minute. Test it by filling a cold spoon with the jelly, let it sit for a few minutes, and if you turn it and you see it’s thickened, you can fill sterilized jars with it and enjoy!