Summer is certainly the time for entertaining.
But it can be rather nerve-wracking when plans come together last minute and all of a sudden you’re expecting 15 people over and have nothing to serve.
These marinated mushrooms are the ideal antipasto to keep in your fridge and keep your guests at bay while you whip up the main course.
• 2 lbs mushrooms (if you’re feeling fancy, get a combination of different kinds)
• 1 bell pepper
• 3 garlic cloves
• 1 ½ cup olive oil
• ½ white wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp salt
• 1 tbsp freshly ground pepper
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 1 tsp dried rosemary
• 1 tsp dried dill
• 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Slice your mushrooms depending on their size and boil in salted water for 15 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the heat and drain.
- Chop the garlic into fine pieces and set to one side. Chop the bell pepper into pieces around the same size as the mushrooms.
- Fry garlic in a pan until fragrances begin to release. Place mushrooms in the pan and add the vinegar, sugar, and herbs.
- Once lightly cooked, remove from the pan and place into glass mason jars.
- Add the oil and chopped peppers.
- Wait for mushrooms to cool, then place in the fridge overnight and serve chilled.