A lot of times people think that Brussels sprouts is a food that your parents force you to eat as a kid. But, they can actually be totally delicious if you cook them correctly. This pan-fried recipe is a little unusual in a few ways, but is really simple and will give you amazing Brussels sprouts every time and this recipe only takes 10 minutes!
- Cut one pound of sprouts in half. If you can find ones that are on the smaller side buy them as opposed to the larger ones because they will be sweeter.
- Put the sprouts cut side down into a cold, non-stick pan without turning on the heat yet.
- Add in 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and then put the lid onto the pan and turn the heat onto medium.
- Then, take off the lid and keep cooking for about 2-3 minutes or until the cut sides are really brown.
- Once they are brown, season them with salt and pepper and you can take them off the heat, and plate them.
- To dress them, you can simply squeeze over some lemon juice, make a dijon mustard vinaigrette, or grate over some beautiful Parmesan cheese over them.