When we think of crepes we typically think about sweet, dessert crepes. But, crepes can actually be a healthy meal when they’re filled with vegetables. This crepe has tons of protein and the roasted vegetables will keep you feeling full.
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch wide matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place the peppers, onion, and zucchini on a sheet pan and drizzle it with olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove it from the oven and add the arugula to the pan. Toss the arugula with tongs. The vegetables will begin to wilt with the arugula. Let it cool slightly and stir in half the Parmesan.
- Whisk the egg whites, egg, and remaining Parmesan in a 2-cup measure.
- Place an 8-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat for a few seconds and drizzle with olive oil.
- Measure 1/4 cup of the egg mixture and pour it into the pan. Cook for about 1 minute and loosen the edges with a spatula.
- When the eggs are set and the egg is slightly raw on top, slide the spatula under the crepe and flip it, letting it cook for a few more seconds. Carefully, transfer the crepe to a plate.
- Do this for all four crepes.
- Place 1/3 cup vegetables in each crepe and roll it up.