We adore cookies at all times of the year, but there’s something particularly special about cookies during the holidays. Many parts of the United States and Europe have been experiencing heavy snowfall, so why not take inspiration from the weather when it comes to baking?! These snowball cookies are light and airy and will melt in your mouth just like their namesake.
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, walnuts, and salt in a small bowl, and aside.
- Beat the butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar with a mixer until creamy.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour mixture until fully combined.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until bottom edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes, then roll them in powdered sugar, and place them on a rack to cool completely.