Chicken legs are such a great cut of chicken to cook, especially if you’re not super used to cooking meat. They turn out really juicy and flavorful, and the best thing is the longer you marinate them, the better they come out.
- First, pat down the chicken legs so they’re nice and dry and put them into a resealable bag.
- Combine in a bowl 1/3 cup of olive oil along with 3 tablespoons of adobo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Mix the marinade together and pour it into the bag of chicken legs, close it, and mash everything around so all the chicken is covered.
- Refrigerate the chicken for at least 30 minutes so the marinade soaks in, although you can marinate it for up to 12 hours.
- Take the chicken out 30 minutes before you cook it to bring it to room temp while you preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Grease aluminum foil on a baking sheet and put the chicken legs in one layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on the first side and then turn them and cook for another 5-10 minutes and then serve!