The best part about being an adult is that you can decide, if you want, to have dessert for breakfast. While choosing to indulge in ice cream or cake first thing in the morning may not be the healthiest thing, you can definitely get away with it with this baked oatmeal recipe!
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 cups milk
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup diced apple, divided
• 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, flaxseed, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Fold in raisins and 3/4 cup of the diced apples.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup of diced apples.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until the centre has set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow baked oatmeal to cool just a bit before serving.
- Serve with a drizzle of almond butter, almond milk, or maple syrup.