Homemade pasta is a lot scarier than it seems, but in reality, you don’t need many ingredients and it cooks even faster than store-bought!
- 1 1/2 cups of semolina flour
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 room temperature eggs, beaten slightly
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer pour in the semolina, all-purpose flour, beaten eggs, water, salt and oil. Use the dough hook to knead on medium until it comes together. You might need to add more semolina if it’s sticky or a little bit of water if it’s too dry.
- After the dough has gone for a few minutes, take a small knife and cut into it to see if there are air bubbles. If there are many, keep kneading, and if not, you should be able to put your finger into it and have it bounce back, which means it is ready.
- Cover the dough in cling film for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the pasta and cut into whatever shapes you like, lightly cover them in flour so they don’t stick, and then boil for 3-5 minutes and enjoy!