Funnel cakes are those sweet, crunchy, and absolutely delicious treats you used to get as a kid at a fair or amusement park. If you want to take a stroll down memory lane, here’s the perfect funnel cake recipe that will bring you right back to your childhood.
- Start by mixing 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. You can also multiply the recipe if you want to make a bigger batch!
- In a small pitcher, pour in 1 ¼ cups of milk. To that, add 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 2 tablespoons of melted salted butter, and mix everything together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix it up. If the batter seems too thick, add a bit more milk.
- Get some neutral oil into a heavy bottomed pot and heat to 375 F.
- Pour the batter into a squeeze bottle or right into a funnel and use your finger to cover the bottom so it doesn’t slip out.
- In a circular motion, release the batter into the oil so you make a flat disk as large or as small as you like.
- Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes, and then drain on paper towels for 10 seconds.
- Dust with powdered sugar and you’re ready to eat!