Caramel flan is a creamy delicious dessert that will ignite your tastebuds and just one slice of this rich flan goes a long way. Make this caramel flan the next time your entertaining guests and it will be done in no time if you follow these simple steps.
For the Custard:
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
For the Caramel:
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- Set the oven to 325 F degrees and prepare 8 6-oz ramekins in a deep baking pan.
- Boil water in a pot and let it stay on the side.
- Melt the sugar in a pot with boiling water and let it simmer. When it gets a dark caramel color you can divide it into the 8 ramekins.
- Twist the ramekins to cover the bottom of each one with caramel.
- Mix the cream, milk, salt, and sugar together in a saucepan. Let the ingredients simmer and then set the saucepan aside.
- Use a bowl to combine the eggs, vanilla, and egg yolks.
- Start adding the hot milk mixture to the eggs very slowly, while also mixing all the time.
- Use a sieve to remove lumps from the mix, then add it to the 8 ramekins.
- Fill the deep baking pan with hot water, then place the ramekins in. The water should reach 1/3 from the height of the ramekins.
- Bake them for 35 minutes and then take them out of the baking dish.
- Place them on a wire rack so that they cool down. When they’re cold, transfer them to the fridge for at least 12 hours. Your caramel flan is done.