New evidence suggests that if you are someone who eats breakfast, you want to limit the sugar (including that from fruit) and up the fat and protein if you’re aiming to stay full and away from snacks until lunchtime. This breakfast bowl is ideal, providing some vitamins and minerals from the fruit alongside plenty of healthy fats and proteins. You can add in or swap out ingredients as you see fit, and enjoy feeling satisfied until lunchtime rolls around.
Ingredients (to serve 1):
- 3 tablespoons of full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs
- A small handful of grapes or berries of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of pecans or nuts of your choice
- Mix the chia and flaxseeds with the water, stir well, and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Put the yogurt in a bowl, top with the berries, pecans, and cacao nibs, then top with the soaked seeds.
- You can add some peanut butter for added protein and healthy fats, or a little honey if you wish.