Now that you’re working at home, you can finally sit down and enjoy your lunch. Salads are one of our favorite meals and this one doesn’t even have lettuce. It’s full of chickpeas, feta, olives, tomatoes, and cucumbers and complete with a tasty, citrus dressing. It’s super filling and this recipe makes two servings, so you can have some prepared for the next day.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 2 large cucumbers, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly chopped
- 20 kalamata olives, halved
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, and bell pepper.
- For the vinaigrette, in a jar with a lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Close the jar and shake the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, dress the salad with the vinaigrette and the feta cheese.