When you hear couscous, dessert probably isn’t the first thing that jumps into your mind. However, a trendy new way to use couscous involves just that! Turn your favorite Middle Eastern grain into a healthier dessert that’s delicious and still better for you than regular cake! You only need four ingredients, and you can also swap out the fruit for any other type of berries or fruit that you love. So give this cake a try and see for yourself!
- 6 cups of apple juice
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of couscous
- 1 pint of blueberries
- Start by washing and getting rid of the stems off of the blueberries.
- Then, in a saucepan, combine the apple juice, vanilla, and couscous.
- Bring it to a boil, and then down to medium-low heat and stir until all the liquid has been absorbd.
- Quickly add in 3/4 of the blueberries into the hot mixer and stir it around.
- Rinse out a pie plate or cake tin and pour the mixture into it.
- Stick the extra blueberries into the top of the cake for decoration.
- Let it come to room temperature and then chill it in the fridge for 1 1/2-2 hours until it’s set.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!