When you’re vegan, it’s always fun to find new recipes for old non-plant-based classics. This vegan omelet is perfect because it uses a plant-based protein source, chickpeas, so you get all the protein and nutrients you need.
The chickpea flour in this recipe can be bought at most stores or made at home! All you need to do it put dried chickpeas in a high speed blender to crush them into a flour, and you’re ready to get cooking!
For this omelet, you will need:
1 cup of water
1 cup of chickpea flour
2 1/2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
a pinch of salt
And whatever spices you want in the omelet! You can make it Latin-inspired with paprika, cumin, and chili powder, or oregano, basil, and more for an Italian version.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until they’re well combined.
- Allow everything to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour it into a non-stick pan if you have one, and cook it like a pancake.
- Fill it with veggies, vegan cheese, or meat substitute and fold it over to make that signature omelet look.
- Serve it up with any sauce and fresh veggies and enjoy!
- If you have any extra batter, you can save it for later or use it as a batter for fried goodies!