Nutella is that hazelnut chocolate spread that no one can resist. It’s smooth, sweet, sticky, and everything you want in your desserts, or even just spread on bread.
However, the real stuff is definitely not vegan and not anywhere close to being healthy. So this vegan version is just as delicious, and a lot better for you. All you need are a few ingredients and a food processor, and you can make this at home!
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 F.
- Pour 2 cups of raw hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Allow the nuts to cool for a couple of minutes, and then rub them in between your hands to get rid of any leftover skins.
- Put the nuts into the food processor and run it until it comes to a smooth nut butter.
- Then, add in 1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, 1/4 cup+3 tablespoons of maple syrup or coconut sugar, 3/8 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 cup of plant-based milk.
- Turn on the food processor and blend until everything comes together into a nice creamy paste and then you’re done!
- If you want the spread to be a little smoother, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of your choice of oil.