Parsnips are an amazing root vegetable that don’t get enough attention! Luckily in this soup, they are the star and you will be happy they are!
- 1 pound of parsnips
- 1 pound of carrots
- 28 oz of broth
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of chopped leeks
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a little bit of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add in the leeks once the oil is hot. If you don’t mind making this non-vegan, you can also add in some butter for flavor.
- Cook the leeks until they’re soft.
- While they cook, chop up the parsnips and carrots into rounds that are roughly the same size. This will allow them to cook at the same rate.
- Add in the carrots and parsnips into the pot, along with all the liquids, and bring to a boil.
- Bring the pot down to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Blend the soup with a stand or hand blender until smooth.
- Taste the soup to check for seasonings, and add as much pepper and salt as necessary.
- Serve right away or keep in the freezer for the perfect winter lunch!