Mayo is such an important part of many types of cooking. Whether you’re making dips, dressing, salads, or more, mayo is essential. However, when you’re vegan, it can feel like you’re missing out on the real deal. Luckily, this homemade vegan mayo really hits the spot is a great authentic substitution for all your favorite non-vegan dishes. Throw it into mashed chickpeas for a faux tuna salad, make a spicy dipping sauce with adobo sauce or sriracha, anything your heart desires!
- 3/4 cup of soy milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Either in a blender or with a hand blender, mix up the milk, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard until they are well incorporated, about 45 seconds.
- With the motor still running on whatever machine you’re using, slowly pour in the oil. You want to do this just a bit at a time because the oil is what emulsifies the mayo, making it thicker.
- Once all the oil is all in and the mayo has gotten thicken, add in as much salt and pepper as you like to your taste.
- Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days and enjoy!