Tofu is not always the most exciting ingredient to use, but if you jazz it up and give it big bold flavors, you can really go far! This play on a BBQ sandwich works great with tofu, and you will really love the smokey, spicy flavors that go into it.
- 1 block of extra firm tofu that has been drained and pressed for 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil
- Hamburger buns or whatever bread you like
- Lettuce and tomato to your liking
- After you’ve drained and pressed the tofu, cut it into strips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the spices and salt.
- Pour in the adobo sauce and oil, mix well, and then put the tofu strips into the bowl and cover it with the marinade.
- Put this into the fridge for at least 20 minutes up to a couple of hours.
- Then, throw the tofu onto a grill pan, into the oven, or into a regular pan over medium-high heat and sear on both sides until slightly golden.
- Layer it onto your sandwich bread with tomato slices and lettuce, and enjoy!