Cooking can be intimidating when you’re new to the whole thing, but some recipes are so easy to pull off that they’ll make you feel like a pro. These fried mashed potato balls are one of them and they will win you over with their simplicity.
This delicious recipe was shared by Taste of Home, and they recommended making it with chilled and firm mashed potatoes. You can serve them on their own, but sour cream or ranch salad dressing will bring out the best in them.
Try making these mouth-watering fried mashed potato balls in the comfort of your home, and get ready for new culinary adventures after enjoying the simplicity of this one.
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the egg, cheese, onions and bacon bits.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in bread crumbs. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.