Where do you stand on carrots? If you’re like most people, you probably don’t add them to many of your meals, and that’s where you’re wrong. One of the best ways to prepare carrots is to grill them and if you haven’t tried that already, now is the best time.
Grilled veggies can be so delicious that you can easily forget they’re actually good for you. If you’re not really into eating vegetables and want to change that, it’s a good idea to start with grilled peppers, squash, zucchini, etc. We urge you to try grilled carrots as well because they will amaze you with unexpected flavor. Carrots contain a lot of natural sugar and will taste great with some olive oil and salt. They are a perfect side dish for any main course and you can serve them alone or with some dipping sauce. The preparation is pretty simple.
- A bunch of carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Some salt
- Cut off the carrots’ tops and scrub or peel them.
- Slice the carrots in half lengthwise, unless they are so thin that this becomes impossible.
- Use a big bowl to mix the carrots with olive oil and salt.
- Place the carrots on heated grill or grill pan and cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping them over several times.
- Once your fork can easily pierce through them, they are done.