If you have leftover rice and want to turn it into something really special, make this broccoli rice casserole!
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 package of processed melting cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar
- 8 small heads of broccoli
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- Start by melting the butter in a large pot and saute the onion and garlic in it until the onion is soft.
- Add in the flour to thicken along with the mustard powder and cayenne and whisk.
- Turn the heat up, add in the milk, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the cream cheese, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste, and the paprika.
- Then, add in the rest of the cheese and the broccoli to the pot.
- Put half of the rice into the bottom of a casserole, followed by half the broccoli mixture, the rest of the rice, and the rest of broccoli. If you want it to be extra cheesy, add a little more shredded cheese on top of everything.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 350 F and serve!