Did you know that you can prepare creamy mushroom orzo in less than an hour? This recipe is so easy that literally anyone can try it. Forget about your regular risotto, this is such a great and fast alternative.
- 2 cups dried orzo pasta
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots or onion
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- chopped parsley
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Get a frying pan and set the stove to high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and wait for it to melt.
- Next, add the sliced mushrooms and 3/4 cup chopped shallots or onion.
- Wait for the ingredients to cook for 9 to 12 minutes, while also mixing them several times.
- Lower the heat to medium and include 2 cups dried orzo pasta, 2 tablespoons butter and cook for 2 minutes. Mix the ingredients several times.
- Pour 3 cups chicken broth and add 1/2 cup dry sherry.
- Wait for the mixture to start boiling, and lower the heat. Let the mushroom orzo simmer for 9 to 12 minutes until the liquid is gone.
- Finally, include the 1/3 cup grated parmesan, pepper and salt. Serve the orzo right away, topped with parmesan and chopped parsley.