This zucchini lasagna is even better than regular lasagna. It’s cheesy, without meat, and done in 70 minutes.
- 14.5 oz diced tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 small zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 oz ricotta
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/3 chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- Wash and cut the zucchini into thick strips. Dry the strips out on pieces of paper and add salt.
- Get a saute pan and heat the olive oil. Cook the onion for 5 minutes.
- Next, include the tomato sauce, garlic salt, diced tomatoes, and garlic powder.
- Mix all the ingredients together and let them simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the basil, thyme, and oregano and take the saute pan away from the heat.
- Set the oven to 375 F degrees and prepare a baking pan.
- Combine the ricotta, parmesan, and egg in a bowl.
- Add some of the sauce on the bottom of the pan. Top it off with a layer of zucchini.
- The next layer is 1/3 of the ricotta mix. Next, add 1/4 of mozzarella.
- Continue doing the same steps all over again.
- Cover the baking pan and leave it in the oven for 35 minutes. When the time is up let it bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve the zucchini lasagna right away.