Tempeh isn’t always the most exciting ingredient, but when you marinate it in this sauce, you will be craving it all the time. Check out this delicious tempeh recipe you can throw together in no time!
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons of any chili paste
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 8 oz of tempeh
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- In a medium-sized bowl, put all the ingredients in except for the oil, tempeh, and sesame seeds. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Cut the tempeh into cubes and then put them into the bowl and toss with the marinade until they are coated well.
- Put the bowl into the fridge for 30-60 minutes and continue to toss a few times if you have the time.
- Use a cast iron or stainless steel pan and heat over medium. Add in the oil and let it heat it up before adding in the tempeh.
- Pour the tempeh and marinade into the pan and let it sear on each side so they get brown and crispy, about 10-15 minutes in total.
- Turn the heat off and pour the sesame seeds and top, stir to coat, and then use in your favorite bowls, wraps, and more!