Banana lumpia or turon is a tasty dessert that comes from the Philippines. Most of the ingredients that you need you can find in Asian supermarkets.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 ripe saba bananas, cut lengthwise
- 10 8-inch square lumpia wrappers, or spring roll wrappers
- vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sliced jackfruit
For the caramel coating:
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- Put one lumpia wrapper on the kitchen surface. One of the square points should be facing towards you.
- Place the saba banana in the brown sugar, making sure that it’s covered with it.
- Put the banana on the lumpia wrapper, located on the lower 1/2 in a horizontal position. Add jackfruit pieces around the banana.
- Place the tip of the lumpia wrapper on top of the banana. Also, fold the tips from the left and right.
- Roll the wrapper very well to achieve the shape of a log. Use water for the top tip.
- Use 1/2 to 1-inch vegetable oil to fry the banana lumpia at 350 F degrees.
- Cook each batch for 1.5 to 2 minutes, then put them on a plate covered with paper.
- For the caramel sauce melt the sugar until it turns brown, then add it on top of the lumpia.