Italians are pros when it comes to cooking any type of pasta. The Calabrian lasagna below is the easiest, fastest recipe that you will instantly love. It sounds like such a great idea to try for a Sunday lunch with your friends. Make sure to serve it with a glass of good wine!
- 1 lb mini meatballs
- 1 c parmesan cheese
- 1 lb cooked lasagna noodles
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 12 oz can tomato paste
- 2 lb grated mozzarella cheese
- 2- 30 oz cans tomato sauce
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, cut into 6 pieces each
- Combine the tomato paste, 1/3 cup parmesan, tomato sauce, and mushrooms together in a pan. Let the mixture simmer and include the meatballs. Leave it to simmer on low heat for half an hour.
- For the Calabrian lasagna, you will need a baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce on the bottom, top it off with a layer of noodles. Next add 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/3 cup parmesan, another layer noodles, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, and finish off with the eggs.
- Cover the lasagna with the meatball and mushroom mixture. Continue with 1 lb mozzarella, 1/2 cup sauce, 1/3 cup parmesan, 1 layer noodles, and 1 lb mozzarella.
- Place the dish in the oven for 30-60 minutes at 350 degrees. Let it cool down for 10 to 15 minutes before you serve it.