Chimichangas are an awesome Tex-Mex dish that combines everything you love about burritos in a deliciously crispy shell. The great thing about chimichangas is that if you can make a burrito, you can absolutely make a chimichanga! So give this chicken chimichanga recipe a try and prepare to be delighted.
- 2 cups of cooked chicken either cubed or shredded
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1/2 cup of homemade or store-bought salsa
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons of neutral oil such as vegetable or canola
- 6 flour tortillas
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, refried beans, salsa, cumin, oregano, chili powder, cheese, and scallions. Mix well.
- Use a half-cup measure and give each flour tortilla one scoop of the mixture.
- Fold the sides in and roll it up like a burrito.
- In a medium or large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Put the chimichanga fold side down into the skillet and cook for 20-30 seconds on all sides until it’s golden brown.
- Serve with more salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or anything other toppings and enjoy!