Lemon drizzle cake is a classic recipe that is so delicious and simple. The freshness of the lemon is a welcomed change to normal sugary cakes, and if you want to make something that looks really stunning and tastes equally as refreshing, this is the recipe for you.
- Cooking spray
- 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 8 oz of unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 2/3 cups of sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 large room temperature eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of room temperature whole milk
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add in the butter, sugar, and zest. Beat on medium for 3 minutes, and then add in one egg at a time, fully incorporating each before the next is added.
- Turn down the mixer to low, and add in 1/3 of the flour mixture and half the milk until everything is just combined.
- Spray a 9×13 cake pan with cooking spray, pour in the batter, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 F until golden.
- As the cake cools, make the drizzle by combining the lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Pour on top of the cooled cake and enjoy!