Cold weather calls for comfort food. One of the best dishes to beat the chill is this chickpea curry. Warming, creamy, and vegetarian, you’ll be tempted to finish the entire pot in one go.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small lime
- 1 handful fresh coriander (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Add coconut oil to a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onions and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Lower the heat to medium and allow the vegetables to cook down until the tomatoes release their juiced and the onions are soft.
- Add in the chickpeas, garlic, garam masala, curry powder, and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Add in the coconut milk and stir again. Bring the curry to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low so that the mixture continues to simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Season again if needed and remove from the heat. Squeeze the lime over the curry and stir. Add the fresh coriander before serving.