Pumpkin doesn’t have to be one of those foods you only eat during the fall. It’s also a great winter comfort food and this creamy pumpkin pasta is what you perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fill a pot with water and salt and wait for it to start boiling. Once it does you can include the pasta and wait for it to be done.
- When the pasta is done, discard the water and leave the pasta in the pot.
- Get a skillet and heat the olive oil. Mince the garlic and add it to the oil. Let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the broth and pumpkin puree to the mix. Add the nutmeg, chili powder, kosher salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix all the ingredients very well together.
- Cover the pot and wait for it to start simmering. Let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the pumpkin sauce becomes thick, add 1/2 cup of the sauce in a bowl and mix it with the greek yogurt.
- Transfer the mix back to the pan and pour in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve the pumpkin pasta right away, topped with parmesan cheese.