If you don’t constantly have a container of shredded chicken in your refrigerator, you’re doing it wrong. It’s the absolute best component to any meal prep and it’s extremely versatile. There is so much you can do with a lightly seasoned cup of shredded chicken breast. Whether you want to make a chicken salad sandwich, tacos, or you’re just looking for a healthy protein to add to your salad, this is the best way to make shredded chicken.
- 1 cup chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of whatever extra seasoning you choose – oregano, cumin, paprika, garlic powder (Optional)
- Pour broth, salt, pepper, and seasonings (if you’re using them) into the instant pot. Stir the mixture a few times to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts into the pot using tongs and put the lid on.
- Seal the valve and pressure cook on high for 9 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is over, let the instant pot naturally release (do not open the sealing valve). This should take about 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and drain out about half of the liquid. Shred the chicken with two forks.