What can be more delicious and comforting than gooey cheese inside a perfectly warm and crispy tortilla? This recipe is easy and can be customized based on what you have on hand.
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (vegetable or canola)
- Cooked chicken, beef, or vegetables
- Diced onions
- Chopped bell peppers
- Diced tomatoes
- Black olives
- Chopped cilantro
- Salsa, sour cream, or guacamole for dipping
- Place a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add about a tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Lay one tortilla flat on a clean surface. If you’re adding fillings, start by spreading half of the shredded cheese on one half of the tortilla. Then, add your chosen ingredients on top of the cheese. Finally, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Fold the tortilla in half over the fillings, creating a half-moon shape. Press down gently to help the quesadilla hold together during cooking.
- Carefully transfer the quesadilla to the hot skillet. Cook it for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it becomes golden brown and the cheese inside is melted.
- Once done, remove the quesadilla from the skillet and place it on a cutting board. Enjoy!