This delicious banana bread coffee cake gets its perfect moistness from the bananas. Perfect with coffee in the afternoon, or even as a dessert, you could even eat this tasty cake for breakfast!
2 – 3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
1 large, ripe banana, sliced
2/3 cup sugar
¼ cup milk
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 2/3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
¾ cup nuts, chopped (walnuts or pecans are best)
1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
½ cup nuts, chopped (walnuts or pecans)
½ cup brown sugar, packed
6 Tablespoons butter, cut into small bits
Maple syrup (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together mashed bananas, sugar, milk, oil, cinnamon, and eggs. Add Bisquick mix and the chopped nuts.
- Fold in the banana slices. Pour the mixture into the greased pan.
- Mix the streusel ingredients together by cutting the butter in with a fork or a pastry blender until it resembles crumbs. Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.