Toffee on its own is a real treat, and once you put it into a cookie, it really changes the game. These cookies are very easy to make and they come out perfect every time.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 oz of toffee bars
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate wafers
- Over medium heat, stir and cook the butter until it foams, followed by browning, about 6 minutes or so. Put it into a big bowl.
- In another big bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- To the butter, add the sugars with an electric hand or stand mixer on medium. Beat for 1 minute.
- Put the eggs and vanilla in the mixer and put the speed up to medium-high for 1-2 minutes. Put the speed down to low, add in the dry ingredients, and mix in the toffee and wafers in by hand.
- Let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes, then use a scooper and space the cookies about 2-3 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 9-11 minutes, cool for 10 on the sheet, and transfer to cool fully on a wire rack.