These easy pecan shortbread cookies take just 35 minutes and are so divine. You can prepare them during any time of the year and still not get bored.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch cloves
- pinch nutmeg
- Start by setting the oven to 350 F degrees. Prepare a baking sheet and cook the pecans until they get a light brown color.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, salt, and butter together. Start mixing with an electric mixer to achieve a soft, fluffy consistency.
- Mix the nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl. Add the flour and mix again.
- Start pouring the flour mix in the butter mix slowly while also beating with the mixer.
- Next, include the pecans as well. This is when your dough is done.
- Use a roller to get a 1 1/2-inch thick dough and use parchment paper to wrap it.
- Place it in the freezer for 1 hour and when it’s done cut the dough into round shapes.
- Place the pecan shortbread cookies on a baking sheet and bake them for 10 minutes.