Stuffed bell peppers are always a great choice if you don’t have an idea what to cook for lunch. They are tasty and can be customized in countless ways, especially if you are not afraid to experiment. Most people stuff their bell peppers with ground meat, cheese, or some other conventional stuffing. But that doesn’t mean you should follow that script as well. Instead, get adventurous and stuff your bell peppers with leftover pasta.
We understand why you might feel suspicious about this, but judges us after you try it. Check out the recipe below.
- 2 cups of leftover pasta
- 4 medium-sized bell peppers
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Remove the tops of the bell peppers but don’t throw them away. Remove the seeds.
- Combine leftover pasta and Parmesan in a bowl. Add salt and black pepper if needed. You can also make a fresh batch of pasta if you want to try the dish but don’t have any leftovers.
- Stuff the bell peppers with pasta and then put the top back on. Place the peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush generously with olive oil.
- Pop in a preheated oven at 400F and bake between 25 to 30 minutes. The peppers will be done when the outside is nicely roasted.
- Leave to cool off at room temperature and dig in.