Chocolate covered frozen bananas are a summer treat that you can’t miss out on! They’re actually really healthy and super easy to make, so make these treats today!
- 5 bananas
- 24 oz of semi-sweet or dark chocolate to make it vegan
- Nuts, sprinkles, coconut flakes, or anything else for toppings
- First, start by peeling the bananas and cutting them in half.
- Take a small wooden skewer or popsicle stick and put it in just about halfway into the banana.
- Then, take the bananas and put them on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet and put them into the freezer for an hour or so, until they’re firm.
- A few minutes before you pull the bananas out, put the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is all melted.
- Then, take the bananas and hold them over the chocolate bowl, and use a spoon to cover the banana in chocolate, working quickly so it doesn’t harden too fast.
- Take any toppings you want and cover the bananas right after, and then put the bananas right back onto the sheet.
- Continue with all the bananas, and serve right away or put back into the freezer for later in an airtight container!