If you’ve ever been invited to someone’s house for dinner or a BBQ last minute and didn’t know what to bring, this is the recipe for you. This mango pie uses any type of cookie you have on hand and only a few other ingredients besides mango!
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 limes
- 7 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of any cookies
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Start by crushing up your cookies either by hand in a sealed bag or in a food processor.
- Melt the butter and add that into the cookie crumbs, along with the zest of half a lime.
- Press that mixture into a pie dish and bake it for 8-10 minutes in a 375 F oven.
- While that crust bakes, zest the other half of the lime and the other lime entirely. Juice one of the limes into the bowl of a food processor and add in the lime zest as well.
- Cut up the entire mango and put that into the food processor. Blend until a smooth puree is formed.
- Once the mango is nice and smooth, add in the sweetened condensed milk, the salt, and blend again until everything is well combined.
- Once the crust has cooled for about 15 minutes, pour the mango mixture on top, and chill it for about 2 hours until it sets!