Latkes are a Jewish delicacy eaten around the holiday of Hannukah. They are normally made with shredded potatoes and are made into a fritter or a pancake. However, the base is so delicious and can be transformed into whatever you want it to be, it’s perfect to eat all year round. This gluten-free version is perfect for dinner parties, or to keep in the fridge for days when you can’t be bothered to cook. Let’s gets started.
View this post on Instagram
Sweet potato fritters. Recipe on my YouTube channel, link in bio. לביבות בטטה קריספיות וטעימות! מתכון בערוץ היוטיוב שלי, קישור בפרופיל. #thecookingfoodie . . . . . . #sweetpotato #fritters #latkes #hashbrowns #fries #sweetpotatolatkes #sweetpotatofritters #sweetpotatohashbrowns #vegetarianfood #comfortfood #gargeran #israeli_kitchen #foodil #foodlicious #foodshot #feedfeed #beautifulcuisines #onmyplate #lunch #foodlover
The main ingredient for this recipe is sweet potato. Although you could use a regular potato, this boosts the health benefits of the pancake, and also gives it a unique flavor profile.
- Grate the sweet potatoes and some onions and put them in a towel or cheesecloth. Ring out the excess water from them and then place them in a bowl.
- Combine the sweet potato onion mixture with eggs, gluten-free flour like rice flour, and pepper.
- Take a bit of the mixture and roll them into a bowl and smash them into patties.
- Fry in an oil that has a high smoke point, or bake them in the oven until crispy.
- Serve with sour cream or applesauce on the side. Enjoy!