You’ve probably heard of Chinese five-spice, but have you ever heard of Lebanese seven spice? This spice blend is unique to the Middle Eastern country because it uses so many spicey and warm spices to make any dish completely transform.
Some of these spices you might find you use in more sweet than savory applications, which is why this spice blend is such a fun way to change up the way you normally cook. Also, it makes for a great and unique present for the holiday season, so give it a try and watch your food be brought to life.
- Five tablespoons of ground allspice
- Three-four tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
- Three-four tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- Five tablespoons of ground cloves
- Four tablespoons of ground nutmeg
- Four tablespoons of ground fenugreek
- Four tablespoons of ground ginger
- Mix all the spices together well with a whisk or fork in a medium-sized bowl. Transfer the spice mix to store in an airtight container.
- Use the spice mix in all sorts of preparations from a dry rub for cuts of meat and grilled or roasted vegetables, to just 1/2-1 teaspoons in a tomato sauce for vegetables or meatballs!