Fruit jellies are such a fun and easy confection to make at home, and all it takes is a little patience for them to set up and you have homemade candies at your disposal!
- 6 gelatin leaves
- 1/2 cup of 100% fruit juice, not from concentrate, of your choice
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar
- Optional: extra sugar and vegetable oil
- First, put plastic wrap into a baking dish. This will make it easier to remove the jellies once they’re set.
- Then, soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for 5 minutes.
- While the gelatin soaks, combine the fruit juice and lemon juice in a pan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and then bring it up to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Turn the heat off, squeeze the gelatin leaves so they’re no excess water, and dissolve them into the juice mixture.
- Pour this into the lined baking dish and allow it to sit for 6-8 hours in the fridge until firm.
- Once they have firmed up, you can cut them into whatever shapes you like!
- You can also paint them with a little bit of oil and roll them in sugar for an extra sweet treat.