One thing that is as certain as turkey when it comes to Thanksgiving, is that there will be leftovers. No matter how much your guests enjoyed your cooking (or how much you sent home with them!), there will always be food left over due to the sheer magnitude of food that was prepared. So what do you do with all those leftovers? Make this sandwich.
- 8 slices of bread of your choice, toasted if desired
- 1 cup turkey breast, sliced
- 1 cup dark-meat turkey, shredded
- 2 cups assorted Thanksgiving leftovers (green beans, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes or other sides), warmed
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 cups stuffing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- ½ cup leftover gravy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and cranberry sauce. Set aside.
- Place the shredded dark-meat turkey and gravy in a saucepan and gently heat over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until warmed through.
- Cook the stuffing in a non-stick skillet until browned and crisp.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat until foamy. Add the sliced turkey breast, flipping occasionally until warmed through, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the cranberry mayonnaise onto a slice of bread and layer your toppings. Spread more cranberry mayonnaise on the other slice of bread before closing the sandwich and cutting it in half.