Sometimes you’ve got a serious craving for sweet and salty together. Or maybe you’re about to watch a movie and you want to combine your candy and popcorn. Whatever your reason, Oreo popcorn is a delicious treat…and it’s surprisingly easy to make. Here’s how to make it right at home.
What You’ll Need
- About 5 Oreos (regular or double-stuff)
- A bowl of your favorite kind of popcorn
- Half a bar of white chocolate
- A microwave
- a Ziplock bag
What You’ll do
- Start by microwaving the white chocolate until it’s mostly melted. Do this by microwaving on mid-power heat in 20-second intervals, in order to avoid burning the chocolate. Mix between each microwaving and as soon as mixing gets rid of all the solid piece, it’s ready to go.
- The next thing to prepare is the Oreos. If you love Oreos or a cookies and cream that’s heavy on the cookies, use one or two extra. If you prefer a lighter, less sweet popcorn then use one or two fewer than suggested. Put your Oreos in the Ziplock bag, seal, and use anything you have lying around to crush them up.
- Finally it’s time to mix it all together! Pour your chocolate and Oreos over the popcorn and mix gently until the popcorn is coated.